Map of Pizzas


View Pizza Club in a larger map

Friday, April 9, 2010

Lemmon's

On the evening of April 8, 2010 Pizza Club rallied the troops and headed out for Lemmon's in south city. I had heard one man say Lemmon's has the very best pizza in town, so I knew I had try it out. Lemmon's is the sister-bar to Blackthorn Pub, so I expected delicously spicy deep-dish pizza.

We ordered 1 big "Chicago Style" pepperoni and 1 big "Chicago Style" red pepper and garlic. It is a bit of a stretch to call it Chicago style because, while it was deep dish with enough cheese to choke a horse, it also has several unique characteristics. First, the sauce is not on top as is traditional in Chicago. Second, it was a double-deckered pizza with two layers of crust, sauce, cheese and toppings. I was pleasantly surprised by this outcome. Upon the first bite, the distinctive layering gives the diner an interesting realization that this pizza is more than what meets the eye.

The pizza was deliciously heavy; The two pizzas fed 9 people. I really enjoyed the spicy sauce that Lemmon's used, as well as the copious amount of cheese. The crust proved to be more doughy than desired, which I think is the result of the double layered crust. Overall it was a pleasant experience that I would repeat anytime.

Other miscellaneous things to know about Lemmon's are that they serve pitchers of beer, host trivia night twice a week, allow smoking, and host bands and djs pretty often. They are a 1am bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment